cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: exclusion of certain blocks from build is busted
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:51:02 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Bernhard Huber wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Today one of the blocks is broken. I tried to get around
>>>it as usual by un-commenting the line in local.blocks.properties
>>>to no avail.
>>
>>i made a CVS update, and had no problem running "build webapp",
>>i even tried setting in local.block.properties all
>>entries from
>>#exclude.block.XXX=true to
>>exclude.block.XXX=true
>>and no block compilation was performed.
>>which block is broken?
>

> Thanks to Bernhard and Stefano for following up.
>
> However, i still get the same problem with today's CVS.
> The Lucene block is broken and i cannot get around it.
>
> cvs update cocoon-2.1 ... no issues
> ./build.sh clean
> ./build.sh webapp
> --------------------------
> .../cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/lucene/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/
> LuceneIndexTransformer.java:75: cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class NOPCacheValidity
> location: package caching
> import org.apache.cocoon.caching.NOPCacheValidity;
>                                  ^
> .../cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/lucene/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/
> LuceneIndexTransformer.java:212: cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : variable NOPCacheValidity
> location: class org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LuceneIndexTransformer
>         return NOPCacheValidity.CACHE_VALIDITY;
>                ^
> 2 errors
> --------------------------
>
> vi local.blocks.properties
>  un-comment the lucene block to exclude it
> ./build.sh clean
> ./build.sh webapp
> ... same problem.
>
> So i am confused.

I'm sorry, David, but everything works fine here. Lucene compiles, with
and without the deprecated classes. All blocks can be commented out from
local.block.properties and all doing just as it's supposed to be.

try to do a clean checkout, maybe there is something wrong in your local
CVS metadata.

ah, no, wait, what settings are you using for cvs update?