cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] cocoon.bat issues
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:14:07 GMT
Jeff Ramsdale wrote:
> Duh, I've used command switches before in DOS! I guess I just didn't
> recognize THOSE switches, (not have moved to NT or XP yet) so I was thrown
> off. My bad! Fix works just fine.

Glad to hear that.

> I had another question I forgot to address in my original message. When
> starting up Jetty with cocoon.bat a message is displayed: "Use SHUTDOWN to
> close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly."

this is a message output by the database shipped with cocoon. if you
remove that block the message goes away. Unfortunately, that message is
not configurable and we can't get rid of if :/

> Like many others, I used
> Tomcat before switching to Jetty; Tomcat has a startup.bat and shutdown.bat.
> Is this a legacy message? Or is SHUTDOWN a reference to using the NT/XP Task
> Manager to shut it down (missing from Windows ME)?

As I said, this has nothing to do with cocoon and appears in tomcat logs
as well. It's just that tomcat scripts redirect stdout and stderr to log
files.