cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon compiles in Gump!!!
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:13:51 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 15/03/2003 17.31:
> Good news, everyone!
>
> For the first time in the history of Gump, we were able to run clean
> last night.
>
> Now we have a problem: the block builds expect a cocoon jar, but before
> packaging we have to compile the blocks because they patch the role file
> which is included into the package.
>
> We have a deadlock
>
> What do we do?

_The real solution_: finally do that microstep and make the role files
be gotten from the blocks' jars. We have now lots of info and background
on how to do it on this ML, but we miss that JustDoIt part by someone
(please do).

The ugly solution: add all the dependencies to the main cocoon project
and make it run till the end (please don't).

The hacky solution: make a new cocoon-full project that is like the
above mentioned one in 'ugly solution'.

The better hacky solution: in the package target add a new 'blocks
build' target that just runs the xconftool:

   <!-- like the old package target -->
   <target name="full-package" depends="package, blocks"/>

   <!-- package the core (new) -->
   <target name="package-core" depends="compile-core">
     <mkdir dir="${build.blocks}"/>

     <xslt in="${gump.descriptor}"
           out="${build.temp}/blocks-build.xml"
           processor="trax"
           style="${tools}/src/blocks-build.xsl"/>

     <ant antfile="${build.temp}/blocks-build.xml"
          inheritAll="true"
          inheritRefs="false"
          target="xconf"/>

     <!-- here run xconf for deprecated stuff (TODO)-->

     <jar jarfile="${build}/${name}.jar" manifest="${java}/Manifest.mf">
       <fileset dir="${build.dest}"/>
     </jar>
   </target>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -