cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flows with Jelly as backend?
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:56:52 GMT
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I wonder if anybody ever looked at jelly:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/
>
> I found a hint to it in the Wyona/Lenya users mailing list.
> It consists of an XML syntax and a tool wich interprets the XML documents and
> it seems to be similar to the way ant works.
>
> Would it in your opinion make sense to support it as backend for Cocoon flow
> like this is the case now for JavaScript?

I would personally dislike this option because Jelly is rewriting a
programming language using a markup language syntax, which is, IMHO, a
very bad thing to do.

Moreover, it doesn't add continuation support so it could be no
replacement for the flow, but just a different way to write actions.

Interesting timing, BTW, as we are discussing the ability for people to
plug new sitemap tags.

Imagine having jelly inside the sitemap.

Brrr, scary.