cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [heads-up] wiki abuse: your advice please]
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:51:51 GMT
explicitely asking for opinions over here

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [heads-up] wiki abuse: your advice please
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:48:15 +0100
From: Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
<200303151634.50562.niclas@hedhman.org> <3E72E8DD.8090300@saxess.com>

SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous wrote:

> what about simply reusing the userlist from the cocoon-dev, cocoon-user,
> cocoon-doc mailing lists and allow write access only to these
> registered users ?

We don't have access to the list of registered email addresses on
cocoon-* lists, and I doubt that will happen any time soon - there's
some privacy issues involved with that, too.

Pier, do you have any opinion about this?

I'm thinking along the lines of adding some container-based
authentication around Edit.jsp, and some smallish webapp so that people
can register an email address (= user name) / password. Does anyone has
something like that laying around? Use cases:

  * enter email address -> generated pwd gets send to you
                        -> address & pwd are stored in db
  * you can log into that app
                        -> change pwd
                        -> drop your registration data
  * that same database is used for container-based authentication around
Edit.jsp

What do you guys think?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org