cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Flow as a block
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:18:59 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote, On 15/03/2003 11.01:
> On Saturday 15 March 2003 17:37, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>Any suggestion on what you would want to have to create your customized
>>version of Cocoon given the above point?
>
> Well, I am not in that position, just came yo think about the possibility...
> OTOH, a lot can be solved with Java codebase security as well, so....???

But your's is indeed an important point. *Very* important, and more I
think of it, the more it becomes so to my eyes.

Thanks for pointing it out, it's fundamental we keep the eye on the
ball, and that means especially the Cocoon providers.

Someone has any ideas on this? Could simply removing some
implementations solve the problem, or have I overlooked something?

Correlated: where do we put all component implementations that till now
were in the core because they don't add dependencies?

When we talked about it last time in real life, it was between having
them in a "standard" block or keeping them in the core. But this still
doesn't give us granularity... maybe looking at them one by one will
give us more info...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -