cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject [ANN/OT] xreporter 1.1 release - Avalon/Cocoon-based web database reporting
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:59:29 GMT
Hi all,

we've just released the 1.1 version of xReporter, our open source
Avalon/Cocoon-based database reporting framework, available from

xReporter consists of 2 main components:

  * an Avalon Phoenix-based query server, which is configured through
XML-based report definitions, and is accessible across an XML/HTTP interface
  * a Cocoon front-end generating configurable HTML, PDF, Excel and CSV
renditions of your database reports, thanks to the wonders of FOP, POI
and some Cocoon drudgery

New things in this release:

  - a new skinning system to make it easy to implement your own look &
    feel without extensive XSLT coding
  - support for grouping in report definition and visualisation
  - a simplified and configurable build system
  - various other little fixes and patches

xReporter is released under an Apache-style license, and we welcome
contributions and patches. There's a live demo available on the project
website, too.

Have fun,

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at