cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [heads-up] wiki abuse: your advice please
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:46:51 GMT
Folks,

while briefly checking the Wiki, I was confronted with some apparent
abuse: people uploading attachments which don't have much to do with
Cocoon (possibly just making benefit of the bandwidth we are
sponsoring), people playing around on certain non-Sandbox pages, even to
the extreme of erasing the Main page, and various other not-so-funny
things. I'm very happy to see some people go in and correct, and the new
'restore latest version' feature of JSPWiki sure helps with this.

Nevertheless, I'm annoyed a bit by the lack of adult behaviour by some
IP addresses, and was wondering whether (and how) I should block them. I
know this sounds pretty harsh, and that's why I'm polling you guys to
see what you would think would be a fair policy.

I know, thanks to the Power Of Wiki, everybody can come in and make the
Wiki a self-healing thing, but still I'm worried that someone will come
and add image links to some nasty p0rn images, and that this will scare
off our regular community.

Your thoughts, please: what kind of policy would you come up with, or
are willing to live up to?

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org