cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Flow as a block
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:38:14 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote, On 13/03/2003 13.43:
>
>> Furthermore, I second Carsten's opinion : there are a lot of projects
>> that don't need the flow (e.g. all publication apps). But every
>> application requires the sitemap, because XML pipelines are the very
>> heart of Cocoon.
>

> Or embedded ones, someone was working on it, right? ;-)

You got me ;-)

Since we're talking about futurisc things (or not that much, after all),
I still keep on my todo list (with a rather low priority) the
possibility to implement continuations on Java bytecode. The experience
of Brakes shows that this _is_ possible, and would then allow for
writing flow logic in Java.

> So in this spirit, I'd also like to see the environments separated (ie
> no more servlet hard dependency)

Do we have hard dependencies on servlet ? AFAIK we have some for those
components that can't live without it (e.g. JSPGenerator), but are there
others ?

Sylvain