cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [strawpoll] use of excelon/progress stylus studio
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:15:57 GMT
Folks,

I've been contacted by Progress/Excelon to discuss some new features
they are looking into adding in some upcoming version of Stylus Studio.

Most importantly (to me), they are aiming to provide full XML Entity
Catalog support to v5 upon my request (OK, I used my Apache hat to
motivate them), so that people can edit Forrest document-v11 docs
without being peskered with unresolvable doctype declarations.

Related to my enquiry, the Excelon guy also suggested they would be
willing to implement "better Cocoon support" inside Stylus, and we can
all dream what that might be: sitemap syntax highlighting and
completion, pipeline debugging, and whatnot. Their XSLT syntax
completion is already quite nice, and they make use of Xalan/J and /C++
internally in their product.

Before starting to influence Excelon into some direction, I'd like to
know whether Stylus is in heavy use by the Cocoon community. Please get
back to me if you are using Stylus, and if you have compelling
Cocoon-related questions/suggestions for them.

I don't know whether this is a Real Thing yet, but it might as well
become one if we come up with some good stuff to add.

I have no relationship with Excelon/Progress except that Outerthought is
an educational partner, and we are allowed to provide attendees of our
XML/XSLT courses with a free copy of the tool.

Cheers, and thanks for any remarks.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org