cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [RT] Flow as a block
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:05:15 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote, On 13/03/2003 9.36:
> The flow stuff is an "optional" component, which means I can use it
> or not. Cocoon started as a web publishing framework and as flow is
> not directly a core component for web publishing but for web
> applications, I really would like to see flow as an own block
> that I can either install or not.
> Don't get me wrong, I like flow and I see the use of it, but flow
> is an optional component in the same sense that for example the
> portal framework is an optional component.

Honestly, I don't see this... I see the flow on par with the sitemap,
and the sitemap is not an optional components.

But the sitemap is pluggable so the flow should be too? I feel bells
ringing about flexibility syndrome, with everything pluggable... I don't
see that this will give us a big gain now, apart from some kind of
architectural componentization.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -