cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problems
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:02:37 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Santiago Gala wrote:
>

>> Last-Modified: could be filled with this (the aggregated semantics for
>> it is clear, I think: the highest modification date in the compound
>> validity object). For objects implementing "dynamic" retrieval, like
>> xsp sheets, they should set "now" and a close to zero expiration date
>>
>> This would allow for requests with If-Modified-Since: set to return a
>> small body (304), saving a lot for quasi-static GETable resources.
>

> You might want to read the recent threads on proxy friendly cache
> headers. We were talking exactly about this, and I committed a few
> patches on the road of proxy compliance. If you feel like helping,
> you're most welcome. :-)

I have been reading the one from february. I'll look for more.

I may well need Cocoon's cache for use in a project soon. If It happens,
I will look at it carefully and report back.

I think the direction you are taking is right. I would map/augment the
semantics of Cocoon's cache to support propagation of proxying related
properties through the pipeline. As I said, what I like from it is that
Cocoon's cache preserves and aggregates very nicely caching information,
so that a given pipeline can have correct behaviour, no matter which
element of it changes.

> Ciao,

Ciao, see you soon