cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon's own publishing system
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:37:02 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> There are "few" problems with moof... I love that little bundle of fur,
> but.... Memory is only 384 Mb and CPU is just 466 Mhz. It's the same system
> I am running @ work, and it is kinda slow :-(
>
> The other thing is that I still quite didn't figure out why it takes roughly
> 30 seconds to SSH to it... But that might be just some firewall problem.

Have you checked your name resolution configuration? It really sounds
like a timeout on reverse resolution.

> I'd prefer to use Nago for the task, but (again), not before it gets updated
> to Solaris 9 and VXFS. But nagoya, on the other hand, has a slower IO from
> disks on multiple files (it doesn't really like GUMP). I need to see if VXFS
> changes this...

Most probably yes, it will. But never rely on Sun iron if you want
I/O... :-/

>>NOTE: from an operativity point of view, Pier has enough karma to setup
>>everything we need on moof or nagoya, as well as providing accounts for
>>those who want to help running the staging server (I would suspect Jeff
>>and Steven to be interested in helping out, hopefully others as well).
>

> Yes, here or there, PLEASE, I need help... And on Nago I can act pretty much
> alone (I know every little bit of software installed on the machine, and
> pretty confident on what goes on)...

Here's help, whenever you need it. If you need a hand, just LMK and I'll
gladly take some dust off my sysadm skills... :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.