cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon's own publishing system
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:31:37 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote:
>>
>>> I'm happy to trigger scripts or check on their regular operations
>>> once they are installed, but am a bit swamped ATM to come up with
>>> some scripts myself.
>>>
>>> So anyone who wants to give it a whirl just tell me and I'll be at
>>> your service. Cronifying "build docs" with some nagging shouldn't be
>>> too hard, IIUC. And the rsync stuff has already been sorted out.
>>
>> I have some scripts that do all that and more.
>>
>> But you already knew that.  ;-)
>
> Right. Forrest and Gump should be working more together and share
> resources such as those.
>
> Do you have any ideas on how we could proceed in that sense?

Actually, I do.  And I have the patience and persistence to see it
through.  Meanwhile, the only way to proceed is one step at a time.

I'll also be totally transparent: my goal is to make the cocoon
community more aware of, and directly interact with, the community that
develops components that are either made use of by cocoon or are used
with cocoon by people.

At the present time, there is a specific need that I am willing to help
with.  For now, lets just leave it at that.  I also fully acknowledge
that if something better comes along that the cocoon team will switch to
it.  I just don't expect that to happen.  ;-)

> S.

- Sam Ruby