cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Fixing the CLI
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:23:04 GMT

Upayavira wrote, On 12/03/2003 13.09:
> This is taking me time, but I'm getting there...

Very much appreciated. You are doing a nice work, keep going!  :-)

> ---links beginning #, javascript:, etc---
> This one was real stupid of me - the link serializer filters them out, but my
> LinkGatherer didn't. It now does.

Very good.

> ---Single vs Multi-pass Benchmarks---
> I ran a test of my new (single pass) CLI patch against the old (multi-pass) CLI.
> Apart from some pages not generating due to NullPointerExceptions, I got 3min31
> seconds for the new code and 4min 46secs for the old. A bit disappointing. At
> some point, I'll look into why (probably when I've got it to successfully generate the

> whole site without NPEs).

:-(

Really strange, maybe inserting some benchmarking code between the CLI
methods may help on seeing what happens.

Anyway, even this is a very nice speed improvement, don't be too harsh
on yourself ;-)

> I've got further ideas for the CLI, which I'll mention separately.

Very well. I'm happy you work on the CLI, it needs it and I like working
with you. Can't wait to hear more :-)

If you need more help, or even small suggestions, don't hesitate to ask.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -