cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: esql samples
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:46:58 GMT

> That's why I wouldn't give up too easily on making the db setup work
> from a normal sql script. Currently we have the .sql out there, but
> I'm not sure it's up to date (though it looks like it), and if it's
> not used, it's certainly in danger of getting out of date at some
> point.

But the .script file *is* actually a simple .sql script.

> Now that the samples are at least working again, how about considering
> some options for actually creating the samples "schema" from the .sql?

But we could split the cocoondb.script file into

cocoondb.setup + cocoondb.sql --ant--> cocoondb.script

So the schema is pretty much the cocoondb.sql file that could also be
copied into the samples. Or do you mean a real "schema"?

 > Users could provide the db
> connection name, which would let them use hsql by default, or any other
> db they've already set up.

Sorry, I cannot find a good reason on reading the samples entries from
an already setup db ;) Why would you want to do this?

View raw message