cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon's own publishing system
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:19:54 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> I have some scripts that do all that and more.
>>
>> But you already knew that.  ;-)
>
> OK, I'm giving in. Given some time and energy, Cocoon, docs included,
> will be built regularily on cocoondev.org, along with some other
> projects, by means of some tool written by some bearded script guru.
> That guru is now able to install all this expertly by himself.

I presume that means that I have an user id on that machine?  If so, let
me know the password (or should I supply my public keys?) and I will
take it from there.

> Which means we only need to make sure Cocoon docs can be built through
> Gump, and we'll be able to do the rsyncing from cocoondev.org.

... which you should be doing anyway.  ;-)

What's good about having this done on your own machine is that anybody
with a login to that machine can directly do individual builds
themselves for any project build by gump.  Given that the transitive
closure of projects that Cocoon can make use of is large, this can be
very powerful.

There are generic directions on how to do this on the gump webpages, but
what I have found best is to provide timely and specific answers to
specific problems as they arise.

As long as you (plural) are interested in making this work, I'm
interested in helping.

> </Steven>

- Sam Ruby