cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problems
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:21:39 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>> On the other hand, by placing

>>> the server creates an HTTP header that instructs the user-agent about
>>> the encoding. This solved the encoding problem on *all* browsers.
>>

>> Why not simply patch the serializer to set proper content-type header?
>

> D'oh! You're soooooo right. :))
>
> I'll put it on my impossibly long todo list.

Re: cache comments later:

  When I was discussing Cocoon (then new) cache ideas with Ricardo
Rocha, (so around winter 2000/spring 2001) I sent an idea to Cocoon-dev
about propagating the CacheValidity to set the Expires in the seriazed
output. It looked like a clean (the only clean way I have found to date
in any famework) to set the "expires:" header in a web publishing
framework. AFAIK it got lost in the sea of bits. If any of you set on
fight against the cache, it could be very worthwhile. And I would have
contributed another bits to Cocoon ;-)

Regards,
     Santiago