cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: esql samples
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:33:27 GMT
>> I wanted to look after the esql samples but found
>>
>> 1) the hsqldb not being filled (where did we do this before?)
>

> I noticed this a few days ago, but haven't had time to write about it.
> I'm pretty sure from experiencing adding a new table to the demo a month
> ago that the hsqldb was not built automatically.  I had to modify the
> hsql running on my machine, and commit WEB-INF/db/hsql.script (or
> whatever) that was created when hsql shut down.  I could be wrong.  But
> that's what I remember.

Hm... I see. So it's enough to just copy the sql script into the
WEB-INF/db location. I'll take look...

> I was just getting ready to see if there is an ant call to process a sql
> script over jdbc (I'm sure there is, just don't know ant well enough)
> but I'd make slow progress now as I'm very time limited.

Well, but when do you wanna call the target?
The hsqldb would need to be running.

I think the copy into the db directory should do it.

>> 2) the jdbc url, user and password not being replaced
>

> This i'm not sure about, but was it done by filter before?

Yes it was. And the variables are already in the properties.
As well the build.xml looks like it *should* work (on the first glance).

But since this is only used for the "personal" datasource it doesn't
make any sense all to have it configurable in the properties. It's just
for the example database. Let's KISS :)

So if noone is really keen on those properties I'll remove them from the
build. No need to filter then.
--
Torsten