cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: AbstractDOMTransformer
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:01:04 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

 > Michael Wechner wrote:
 >
 >> Hi Sylvain
 >>
 >> Sorry for contacting you privately, but we currently have some
connection
 >> problems at our office and I can't use our mailserver there.
 >>
 >> Anyway, I saw your answer at marc.theaimsgroup.com and updated
 >> my Cocoon at my home.
 >>
 >> Well, it's still not working, but I realised the problems only arise
if I am having a
 >> namespace within the document I send through "MyDOMTransformer". If
the document
 >> doesn't have any namespaces, then it will go through
"MyDOMTransformer" without a
 >> problem.
 >>
 >> For testing "MyDOMTransformer" is very simple:
 >>
 >> public class MyDOMTransformer extends AbstractDOMTransformer {
 >>     protected Document transform(Document doc) {
 >>           return doc;
 >>      }
 >> }
 >>

 >> If I am piping through a document with namespaces then I will
receive the following exceptions:

 >> java.lang.NullPointerException .... DOMStreamer.java:438, 259, 173
.... AbstractDOMTransformer.java: 179

 > I fixed DOMStreamer by preventing null to be insterted in the Map
that causes the NPE at line 438. This doesnt' fix the cause, but may
solve your problem.

No, unfortunately I still receive an exception (I tried the new
cocoon-2.1 (co cocoon-2.1) and the old xml-cocoon2 module)

 > Note that you can switch back to the "old" DOMStreamer behaviour by
calling setNormalizeNamespaces(false).

that helped. I patched my local version of AbstractDOMTransformer:

public void notify(...

     DOMStreamer s = new DOMStreamer(...
     s.setNormalizeNamespaces(false);

If I will find some time, then I will take a closer look at
AbstractDOMTransformer and DOMBuilder. I think the bug is at building
the Document from SAX.

Thanks a lot for your help

Michael