cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: The new build system
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:36:12 GMT
Martin Holz wrote:

>Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> writes:
>

>>Martin Holz wrote:

>>>[...]
>>>>

>>>Does overriding boolean properties work? If I set
>>>

>>>"exclude.webapp.samples=false"
>>>in local.build.properties a target like <target
>>>name="prepare-webapp-samples" depends="package-samples"
>>>unless="exclude.webapp.samples"> won't be executed. "unless" does
>>>not test, if the variable has the value of "true" or "false".
>>>

>>>It tests, if the value is defined.  At least, that's what the
>>>documentation for ant 1.5 says.
>>>

>>>The only way to execute the target is removing the definition from
>>>local.build.properties
>>>

>>>and build.properties. The result will be failed build, but that's a other story.
>>>

>>You don't have to set things to false, you have to uncomment them!
>>

>In local.build.properties? This would not help, since they
>are defined in build.properties, which is read by build.xml
>immediately   after  local.build.properties. You would have to uncomment
>them in build.properties.
>
>Martin

Failed on the same problem today. For those targets that we want to
exclude in the default build, having a "exclude.xxx=true" in
build.properties requires to modify this CVS-managed file to allow
building "xxx", which obviously isn't good.

So I tried to go the other way and change to "include.xxx" properties
along with <target name="xxx" if="include.xxx"> : this works just fine
if I put "include.xxx=" in local.build.properties without changing
build.properties.

Is this the way to go (I wouldn't like to break the build) ?

Sylvain