cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Yatin Shah <nos...@kripa.com>
Subject Can't enable logging & can't connect to MySQL
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 05:59:27 GMT
I've just downloaded the dev version from cvs(Mar 7 12:05 AM EST) and
I can't enable the logging facility.

I've changed WEB-INF/web.xml to set log-level to DEBUG and changed all
log-level="ERROR" to log-level="DEBUG" in WEB-INF/logkit.xconf.
Is there anything else required to enable the logging facility?

Further, I can't connect to MySQL server from cocoon.
I've done it my old environment(cvs version from Oct, 2002) by
setting the load-class parm to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver along with
org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver in web.xml and setting the datasources jdbc entry
in the cocoon.xconf.
[I have the correct jar in WEB-INF/lib and tools/jetty/lib -
mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar;
My servlet, running in the same Jetty container connects to database
without any problems]

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Thanks
-Yatin

My environment:
=============
JDK : j2sdk1.4.0_03
Intel Linux RH 7.3
XSP uses sql logicsheets to access the database.
part of sitemap
----------------
      <map:match pattern="*">
         <map:generate src="xsp/muni.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
         <map:transform type="sql">
            <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="municipal"/>
         </map:transform>
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>

part of the XSP
-----------------
          <categories>
            <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
              <query>
                select category, message1, message2 from MUNDB.SBTCACAT
              </query>
            </execute-query>
          </categories>

cocoon.xconf xml entries: [tulip is my DB host and MUNDB is my database]
---------------
    <jdbc logger="core.datasources.personnel" name="municipal">
      <pool-controller max="10" min="5"/>
      <auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:mysql://tulip/MUNDB</dburl>
      <user>dev</user>
      <password>secret</password>
    </jdbc>

web.xml xml entries: [ Yes, I'm aware that the previous version of mm
driver used org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver]
---------
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->

        <!-- For Database Driver: -->
        org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

        <!-- For MYSQL Database Driver: -->
        com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

        <!-- For PostgeSQL Database:
             org.postgresql.Driver -->

        <!-- For Oracle Database:
             oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver -->

        <!-- ODBC
             sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver -->

        <!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
        org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
        -->
      </param-value>
    </init-param>