cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Presenting the Proxy Based DataSource
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:48:25 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> So it seems to me that a simple way to avoid this JDBC mess (at least in
> Cocoon) would be for ESQLConnection to _hold_ a Connection instead of
> _extending_ it.

For ESQLConnection, definitely.  For Excalibur DataSource, it extends
the close() and isClosed() methods to provide pooling.  Any other
methods that we extend are taken care of in the proxy object so we can
still work with JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4.  At least that is the theory.

Can someone verify the new DataSource (as I compiled it) works
on JDK 1.3 for them?