cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Stabilizing flow in order to release
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:55:22 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Now: I considered lack of callable pipelines [...] showstoppers
> Are you referring to
> as a
> use-case? If so, you are making me happy :-)

Not sure what you meant there, but what I mean is that Pier recently
added a way to call a pipeline from inside the flow and attach a
different output stream to the serializer.

> Anyone who's willing to provide my poor brains with an update on this
> subject, which might help resolving the complexity and inflexibility of
> the Forrest sitemap, will make me happy, too.

I doubt it, this has to do with reusing sitemap components to drive byte
serialization to outputstreams different from those of the client's,
such as sockets, or files on disk.

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <>