cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stabilizing flow in order to release
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:55:22 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Now: I considered lack of callable pipelines [...] showstoppers
>

> Are you referring to
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=104670931405709&w=2 as a
> use-case? If so, you are making me happy :-)

Not sure what you meant there, but what I mean is that Pier recently
added a way to call a pipeline from inside the flow and attach a
different output stream to the serializer.

> Anyone who's willing to provide my poor brains with an update on this
> subject, which might help resolving the complexity and inflexibility of
> the Forrest sitemap, will make me happy, too.

I doubt it, this has to do with reusing sitemap components to drive byte
serialization to outputstreams different from those of the client's,
such as sockets, or files on disk.