cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flow + XForms + Beans + Databases
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:53:49 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> But what about the "model" I graphed? is it OK?

I can't tell. It sure looks like a better way to factor concerns out,
but I'm not familiar enough with O/R tools to know this.

> I graphed it, because just
> wrotten things sometimes miss me. I need a graph to try to understand. I
> think this is easy. :-D

I hear you, I normally do the same.

Darwinistically, I think we should release Cocoon 2.1 without a clear
vision on how to have the flow connected to the business logic and see
what solutions/problems emerge from the community.

At *that* point, we'll have enough information to know where the walls
are and how to avoid them by writing an architecture that routes around
them naturally.

To me, adding direct SQL capabilities to the flow to solve the database
connection issue, is just like adding actions to the sitemap because
there is no way to programmatically solve some pipeline-orthogonal needs.

Both turn out to be half-baked solutions once you get to know more
architecturally advanced ways to solve the same issues.

While we do have that knowledge on actions now, we don't on data
mapping. So, let people experiment for a while, but without lock-ins
into the cocoon core.