cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Cocoon flow + O/R samples [was Re: XMLForms and O/R bridge. The Road Ahead.....]
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:33:07 GMT
Hi again, sorry for the delay.
<massive snip/>

>> Having used cocoon and OJB for no less than four (4) of our projects
>> I can only say that the combination of flow + OJB really makes life
>> easier. We´re using OJB by reversing the db into an OJB-mapping file
>> for which we generate beans that in turn is used from the flow java
>> script.
>

> I think it could be an incredibly useful contribution if you could
> write a few samples that show how to do it. A tutorial will be even
> better, but knowing coders, sometimes I sample is even better.

We´re currently in the process of making a final delivery to our
customers, and time is a little limited
Because of this I think we could have sample available in a week or two
at the earliest. Unfortunatly...bare with us :-)

>> btw:
>> During this process we´ve come up with some enhancements to the
>> jpath.xsl logicsheet to allow nested <jpath:for-each/>.
>> We´ll start discussing how to get you guys to commit real soon :-)
>

> Let's see: you submit your samples along with that patch, and I'll
> commit it right away, how's that as a deal? :-)

Deal :-)

<snip/>

> There is no way to estimate how complex a web application is or how
> much time is going to take to write it, or, more important, how much
> it can be reused in other projects that partially share the same
> concerns.

A good example of this is our "Datepicker" function and complementing
xsp. When this function returns, the user has clicked interacted and
selected a date.  If one were to go a little further and actually
declare a JavaScript object for it, it would be possible formalize its
usage further.  This isn´t interacting with the db and could easily be
packaged into a small sample app.

Regards,
Per-Olof Norén