cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Flow Layer Database API
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 05:53:09 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 3/3/03 20:57, "Christopher Oliver" <res1cf5x@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> I don't see the point in extending the core functionality of the flow,
> dealing with cocoon pipelines and requests, when this should be only an
> "external" layer which can be _easily_ implemented by writing one tiny
> little .js file...

Okay, okay. Except for the case-insensitive column name properties, it
could be entirely written in JS.

Anyway, I'll remove the dependency on the "cocoon" object (and any sign
of JDBC from JSCocoon.java and JavaScriptInterpreter.java).

For the moment I'd like to leave ScriptableConnection/Result.java where
they are. Eventually when we find a home for javascript libraries, they
can move there. Similarly, "system.js" is filling up with various
scripts that will eventually need to be moved into separate libraries.

Regards,

Chris