cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <>
Subject Re: Flow Layer Database API
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:40:39 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 4/3/03 0:52, "Christopher Oliver" <> wrote:
>>You know what? You're right. My description below was wrong. What I
>>should have said is that I created a simple _JavaScript_ database API
>>that can be used to implement business objects in JavaScript.
> Nononono... Now I don't get you anymore...

Did you read Sylvain's message
What I'm trying to do is give people what they need to start using the
flow layer. They need a "bean" to pass to sendPage*(). They want to use
a database. They don't want to use an O/R tool. I don't think you want
them to do this:, do

Would you at least agree that this is a better alternative than doing
database processing in an xsp or jsp?

> The example you've given says:
>>       var conn = cocoon.getConnection(this.poolId);
>>       var result = conn.query("select * from PRODUCT where CATEGORY =
> What does _conn_ (JDBC wrapped connection, I believe), has to do with
> _cocoon_ (sitemap 'n pipelines)???

Nothing, other than the fact that the database connection is configured
in "cocoon.xconf".

Anyway this was just a temporary entry point, to get started. I'm open
to suggestions on a better solution.

View raw message