cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: form encoding problems
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:16:39 GMT
> Hi All,
>
> This is possibly a trivial mistake ... but I never came across it before.

I recall a similiar problem a long time ago. I solved it by changing
some of the HTML serializer settings. The form encoding was fine in IE
but crap in NS/Mozilla. Sorry, cannot really remember what is was :-/

> I have a search form for searching Lucene. Mozilla confirms the page is
> in UTF-8 encoding.
>
> I enter a string with accented characters into the query field. eg
> 'éclair' (e-acute).
>
> The form comes back with the string now reading 'éclair'. (A-tilde,
> Copyright sign). Mozilla says the encoding is still UTF-8. (The value
> has been picked up by an InputModule and fed via the SiteMap to XSLT).
>
> The query string in the URL reads 'query=%C3%A9clair', which are the
> unicodes for 'A-tilde' and 'Copyright' characters. (Which would imply to
> me that the Browser incorrectly encoded the query.)

How do other browsers behave?

> This makes me feel like I have done something really dumb, but I cannot
> work out what ;)

Well, good luck :)

> Any suggestions?

Have a beer and then come back - maybe you'll see it then ;)

cheers
--
Torsten