cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Cocoon2
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:32:04 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Yes, preaching to the converted. I think that Forrestbot can be the only
> serious unit test that can be useful to Cocoon.

I am?

<joke>Is there a word in Italian for people who assert that they are
pious, but you don't tend to see them in church all that often?</joke>

Forrestbot is a specific example.  When that effort started, I tried to
see if there was an potential synergy with Gump, but the perception I
got was that that effort was exclusively about publishing and not about
regression testing.

My current "preaching" is an attempt to restart that discussion.
Stefano, given your recent interest in Gump, now seems like an opportune

I don't care if it is run on my machine or on somebody else's.  I don't
care if any gump code is used in the process.  But I do think it would
be helpful to run Forrest with up to the minute versions of everything
in an effort to get more people talking, and talking earlier, with
developers of components that they depend on.

And I am willing to help.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message