cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [proposal] a new kind of 'dist'
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:45:22 GMT
Le Lundi, 24 mars 2003, à 15:31 Europe/Zurich, Geoff Howard a écrit :

> ...Would it help the psychological barrier to have a user friendly
> "Where is the binary" document/paragraph available and hard to miss
> that explains why we think even non programmers can and should build
> this from source?

Not needed IMHO - as Stefano mentions, we won't paint COMPILE NEEDED on
the virtual box, but present it more like "the distribution needs to be
configured and built in very easy steps before being used".

> BTW, isn't jnlp installed by default with 1.4?

It is, says Sun:
"The most recent release of Java Web Start is version 1.2, which is
shipped as part of the JavaTM 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v. 1.4.1
(J2SETM 1.4.1). "

- Bertrand