cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: Java PetStore sample
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:45:21 GMT

On Donnerstag, März 13, 2003, at 09:28  Uhr, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> I've made a first cut at implementing the Java PetStore example
> application using Cocoon. I started by converting the Ibatis PetStore
> (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibatisjpetstore)

I deployed it just now, using Postgresql via simple data source, works
o.k.

>  which is struts-based  to use the Cocoon flow layer (and converted
> its jsp's to velocity templates).
>
> I could use some help with this, since I'm not a Cocoon expert. I've
> placed a snapshot here:
> http://www.primaryinterface.com/cocoon/petstore/
>
> Eventually, I'd like to add this to the flow samples, but in the
> meantime if anyone is interested in helping, let me know and I'll
> check it into the scratchpad. (Unfortunately the scratchpad samples
> are still broken though).

Please do. A sample like this would be sufficient motivation for me
diving into the flow.

> Right now the flow scripts directly talk to a database. But I'd like
> to try attaching different back-ends. And the views are all velocity
> templates, but I'd like to also try using XMLForm and/or Xsp's.

I never used velocity templates so far. In order to get your snapshot
running (so far I get a ConfigurationException: Type 'flow_velocity' is
not defined) I wanted to have a look at the velocity-cocoon samples.
Unfortunately the are not available in the latest 2.1 CVS build. I'll
try to write XSPs to get it going.

Pleas go ahead with your work.
Thanks
/Leo