cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: big ESQL performance problem - this one's weird
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:27:01 GMT
On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 11:11  AM, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Yes but some people in this discussion blamed the amount of SAX events
> handle for bad performance. So now it is clear that it's the rowset
> traversal
> that consumes so much CPU, but still why? I'm not skilled in JDBC. The
> only
> difference I can tell from Squirell SQL client is that it does not use
> prepared
> statements.

If you can, stick a profiler on it.

http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/jprofiler/overview.html is nice
and give you a 10-day trial.

We found that prepared statements were very slow under pervasive and
got a 25% boost by removing them. Make sure you are using the latest
pervasive JDBC driver too.
-pete