cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Cut off from mailing list a bit too fast...
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:49:58 GMT

/var/qmail/control/queuelifetime on daedalus is set to 180000, which is
the number of seconds beyond which an email is bounced as undeliverable.
When a message bounces, it's recorded by qmail; after ten days of bounces,
a probe is sent, and if that probe bounces, *then* the user is
unsubscribed.  So I doubt it would be as fast as you mention, Niclas.

Without knowing what Niclas's email address is, I'm looking at the logs
for cocoon-dev@xml, and I see that niclas@localbar.com joined Nov 24th,
1999, and was removed by a probe on Jul 6th 2002.  Then,
niclas@hedhman.org subscribed on Jan 2 2003, and has never been
unsubscribed.  I do see messages being successfully delivered to
niclas@hedhman.org, though it appears that there are still some in the
queue that haven't been retried since the DNS change; I'll kick off a
queue sweep to get those out to him.

	Brian