cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@internuscorp.com>
Subject Re: [RF] Entropy Killed the Cat
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:46:10 GMT
On Tuesday 11 March 2003 16:36, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Anyway, why can't we simply say "That was wrong, let's fix it" instead
> of these discussions that cause more bad feelings than they help?

XP can give some guidelines in this respect - they call it "Collective
Ownership" and is a center piece of the whole methodology.

Derived from that is;
"We made a mistake. WE fix it.", without trying to pinpoint WHO. "We have too
many bugs in the XXX code" will come natural to XP teams after a while.

I also so a funny anecdote from an XP project in one of the standard books
(can't find right now), about "finger pointing" starting, and finally one of
them said; "It was MY fault.", although everyone knew he had nothing to do
with it. They then hang up a sign "Abc's fault !!" as a reminder.

So,  IT WAS MY FAULT ....

Niclas