cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: CVS question (OT:eclipse on osx)
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:45:52 GMT
Le Mercredi, 26 mars 2003, à 11:39 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
écrit :

> ...yes, eclipse is a pig on osx, but I do have a 1Ghz G4 to push it :)
so do I ;-)

> and I'm used to slow editing (actually slower IDEs increase your
> produtivity by forcing you to think more and do less try/fail cycles)
hmm. For me it's the opposite, an editor that is too slow to react
makes me burn brain cycles trying to adjust to what's happening.

I'm evaluating IntelliJ's idea product (payware) which looks real good
and is very fast, even though it is also written in java. Right now I
have an issue with [] and {} on my keyboard, but apart from that I'll
probably go for it.

> ...the eclipse team is focused on windows/linux and the aquification
> of osx, well, sucks ass from an aqua user-interface-guidelines point
> of view. Calling it *alpha* from a usability perspective is a
> compliment....

That confirms my feelings - thanks for the info.

-Bertrand