cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: tallying [Re: [vote] micro-decision for docs: creation of cocoon-docs CVS module]
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:43:31 GMT
Le Jeudi, 27 mars 2003, à 14:31 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :

> ...It's good to see that the 'requirement' to vote adds some energy to
> the discussion, but then again, you, Diana & David are mostly right
> when suggesting that vote was premature and underspecified. I'm the
> hero of underspecification, but keep that silent. :-D

I don't want to speak for others but I thank you for starting the vote,
it lead to interesting discussions...
(ok, maybe starting it on both -dev and -docs was a suboptimal idea, it
might be better to just send an announcement of the vote to the other
list in such cases  ;-)

I might be biased by my own understanding of the whole thing but here's
where I think we are:

-general agreement on the need for a separate cocoon-docs repository

-Pier suggested [1] using a CVS alias to have cocoon-docs point to the
src/docs directory of the current code repository (but I don't think he
said how hard/easy/quick this is to implement).

-I suggested [2] moving the alias to the new CVS when a release is done
(which was probably implicit in Pier's proposal).

So the proposal should probably be along the lines of "creating a
cocoon-docs repository that is an alias of cocoon-2.1/src/docs and
moving the alias to the new repository when a release is done".

-Bertrand

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104853357923160&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104867380029850&w=2