cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nesto" <nest...@libero.it>
Subject xml declaration
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:12:07 GMT
Hi!
I'm trying to serialize my xhtml pages with the xhtml serializer, but I don't want to serialize
the xml declaration at the top of the document.
This because with Pocket Internet Explorer the declaration is visible at the top of the page.

I tried this:
<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml-Transitional"
pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
    <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
    <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
    <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
    <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
</map:serializer>

but the page sent still contains the xml declaration.

Why??
And how can I solve my problem??

(If I use the html serializer the declaration disappears, but there are problems with the
content i want to deliver, so I don't want the html serializer!)

Thanks in advance!

Nesto