cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Watson" <c.wat...@zen.co.uk>
Subject RE: [HELP] determining possible leak
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:48:56 GMT
Marco

At risk of a red herring ...

I had what sounds a very similar problem with tomcat 4.1.12 and cocoon
2.0.3 and sun jdk1.3 on w2k
The behaviour of
OK for 24hrs then 100%cpu - with no apparent application errors
is identical to what I saw

I looked on tomcat mailing lists and found someone else had similar
problem which stopped when they went to jdk1.4.1
I did same and problem went away !

Can't speak for jdk1.4.0 since by the time I moved off jdk1.3, jdk1.4.1
was out...

But 100%CPU and no application error messages does 'seem' the kind of
thing that might happen with bad garbage collection due to a rogue JVM.
So if it doesn't create additional hassle perhaps jdk1.4.1 is worth a
try ?

Christopher Watson