cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "John Morrison" <john.r.morri...@ntlworld.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon sandbox @ Sourceforge? (Re: [Proposal] Cocoon Sandbox)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:39:02 GMT
> From: Martin Holz
> "Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com> writes:
>
> > Now that Cocoon is a top most project with it's own domain and
> > the ability to setup it's own (not in the Apache group of) cvs
> > repositories, which the Cocoon PMC is free to administer, what
> > improvement is there from a Sourceforge approach?
>
> Sourceforge is specialized in providing infrastructure for
> lots of small projects. Should ASF duplicate this?
> There is already a playground.

I know what Sourceforge is.  But (and this is the *major* point)
it's not Apache.

The "Apache" brand shouldn't, IMHO, _require_ projects to use
Sourceforge.  I don't know much about the infrastructure behind
Sourceforge (I only know a little about what's behind Apache), but
I don't know what would happen to all source thats there if the
money went away.  I don't believe Apache would.

Please don't get me wrong, I like the thought of Sourceforge and
it has lots of uses.  But this is Apache.

I hope my point of view is clear without being forceful.

J.