cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: [New build system] Status of samples
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:37:46 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>  >
>  > 1) Refactor the project-info.xml to split in several files contained >
>  > in the blocks themselves.
>  > Just like Eclipse plugin.xml files in their plugins, a plugin is
>  > installed by just dropping it in the plugins dir. Usecase: This will
>  > make it easy for me to maintain my JavadocSource block (or any
>  > (external) block for that matter), now I need to sync each time when
>  > project-info.xml changes ;-)
> This is called for, I totally agree. I was going to tackle that problem
> today, anybody against this?
> is anything using that project-info.xml file or is just a left-over from
> the old build system?
The build mechanism uses it to generate the build file; but I guess you
know this - apart from that, I don't think so. Isn't this a gump descriptor?
For me it looks totally confusing anyway. So I'm +1 on removing it and
replacing it with per block-versions that use a better XML syntax.
For pluggable blocks we need this anyway.

View raw message