cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [VOTE] New CVS Repository Names (was: [PROPOSAL] New CVS Repository Names )
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:30:57 GMT
So, now we all (at least those participating) have the same understanding
and we can start a vote:

A cocoon version is defined as MAJOR.MINOR.PATCHLEVEL

- One repository for each MAJOR.MINOR combination
- Inside a repository are all patch levels. Each one tagged, but there
  wont be any branching

On a release of a MAJOR.MINOR version we create a new repository.

This will lead us to currently:
cocoon-2.0 and cocoon-2.1 and cocoon-1 (for the old xml-cocoon repo).

In addition we will have cocoon-2-historic as a simple copy to the
current xml-cocoon2 repo.

In addition we will have a symlink (right?) "cocoon" that links to
the latest version, so currently this will be cocoon-2.1.

I hope I have summarized this correctly. If so, please cast your votes.

PS: If we voted for it, we have to set a date for the change, because we
also have to update our website and inform users.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG