cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: What Cocoon is really doing wrong [was: CVS repositorychanges... (and what's left to do)]
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:28:28 GMT

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Maybe I should have pointed out that the change is backward
> compatible? Did
> you try doing "cvs co xml-cocoon2"? It still works...
>
> It's not that things can be "reverted", it's that things, for the eyes who
> doesn't want to see the change, does not exist... The repository name,
> LITERALLY is still there, with the old name and the whole
> thing... The only
> thing you see now are also few new "repositories" which are my proposal to
> this list (it's an infrastructure "diff" with a lot of + and no -
> lines) :-)
>
> Sorry if I wasn't clear from the beginning...

So, you created new repositores as part of your proposal?
What will happen if I now check-in something only into the old rep?
What will happen if I now check-in something only into the new rep?

I don't see that it helps to create a repository to discuss how it
should be named.
So can we then simply start a proposal on how to name the repositories?

Thanks
Carsten