cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/blocks/slide/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/helpers SourceProperty.java
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:32:00 GMT
It's simple: it increments your cvs commit counter, so you can get
cvs committer of the month! And I think this is very reasonable :)

Technical reasons: Compilation is faster (by 0.001 ms) as the unused
imports don't have to be resolved.

Apart from that, the real reasons are all those nice little tools looking
at your code and complaining about wrong coding style, using deprecated
methods, having unused imports/statements etc. So the real reason is to
keep those tools happy.

Or has someone else a better explaination?

Carsten