cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hochsteger Andreas /INFO-MA <Andreas.Hochste...@oeamtc.at>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon Science Fiction
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:49:00 GMT
Hi Neeme!

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

I don't think that it's so much different about what Cocoon does today.
But see my comments on Stefano's mail for this explanation.

> Instead, it would be much more sensible to do this on a more general
> level: write an Avalon based server for dealing with any data
> type where
> it would be possible to plug in Cocoon "block" as well.
> Then you could have a block interface like this:
> 	serialized data -> block -> serialized data
> And Cocoon could be just one of the many implementations for this.

This is an interesting solution.
I just feel a bit strange to have so many similarities which will result in
duplicated code in your suggested Avalon server and Cocoon.
But it's definitely worth to investigate it as possible solution, if we can
reuse much of Cocoon.

> Rgds,
> Neeme
>
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote: