cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [OT] Stefano's new signature
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:57:36 GMT
> I just noticed you new signature : "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine
> necessitate [William of Ockham]". Can you give us a translation, since
> I guess there are lots of non native latin speakers out there ;-)

I asked my friend Google, says he doesn't know but knows someone who
knows:

 From http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_of_Ockham:
"Pluralities should not be posited without necessity"

And if your english is like mine you might like the French too, from
http://www.linux-france.org/prj/jargonf/O/Occam.html:
"Les choses essentielles ne doivent pas être multipliées sans
nécessité "

I like it - except that it makes my own sig look sooo bland ;-)

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)
   XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/programming/teaching