cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The new build system
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 05:37:38 GMT
First of all, great job Stefano! We certainly needed something like
this, it got to the point where was unbearably slow to develop anything
:(

On Friday, Feb 21, 2003, at 06:35 US/Pacific, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> ...This would shorten the edit/compile/test cycle and avoid something
>> that happens to me quite often : editing source files in the build
>> directory !
>
> I know what you feel, Sylvain. Been there ;-)

If you're an Emacs user it's trivial to set it up to automatically copy
the file from the source directory in the build area. This way you edit
the source file and when you save it, it's automatically updated in the
running system.

I'm using this setup with flow scripts, which are reloaded
automatically in the running system if they're modified on the disk. It
makes implementing applications a real breeze.

Let me know if you're interested in this setup, and I'll email you the
configuration.

Cheers,
Ovidiu