cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: CVS weirdness
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:18:48 GMT
On 28/2/03 12:45 pm, "Andrew Savory" <andrew@luminas.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a copy of cocoon 2.1 prior to the major refactoring,
> using:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic -z3 checkout -D
> 2003-02-16 -r HEAD xml-cocoon2
>
> ... but it doesn't seem to work. It grabs all the files, then deletes
> them. I'm wondering:
>
> - am I doing something silly with the cvs command?
> - is something broken in cvs due to the recent changes?
> - are aliens messing with my hard disk?
>
> Any help appreciated!

There is no revision called "HEAD" dated 2003-02-16... The head revision is
somewhere like "today" for all files... You use -D and -r together just to
see which files committed on day "-D" have not been modified until today
(the're still on -r HEAD)...

In short(s):

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic \
    -z3 checkout -D 2003-02-16 xml-cocoon2