cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Jars disappeared in 2.0.x
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:12:19 GMT
"Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> some of the optional jars have disappeared from the 2.0.x branch.
>> It seems that these jars are in HEAD in block/libs dirs now.
>>
>> Has anyone a clue of what had happened?
>
> Here is what I did last night.
>
> 1) went into /home/cvs/xml-cocoon2/
> 2) du reported 230mb
> 3) do a tar.gz of the whole thing
> 4) moved that in my folder
> 5) cleanup a bunch of things on xml-cocoon2
> 6) du reported 65Mb
> 7) tried cvs checkout from HEAD and all went fine
> 8) at this point, I realized I'm an idiot since I wiped out all branches
> and all tags!
> 9) moved back the original tar.gz
> 10) I untarred it on top of the old one
> 11) fixed chmod permission (after Pier told me he couldn't checkout)
>
> Note that I did not move anything around.
>
> What did I do wrong? (besides showing my totally idiotic sysadm skills,
> that is)

No, I don't think it's your idiotic sysadm skills... I believe that because
of some permissions (the ones we fixed yesterday night after you've put the
backup in place) either those files were not tarred up, or were not expanded
correctly...

You don't have a copy of that tar lying around, right?

    Pier