cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] New CVS Repository Names (Was: Re: [proposal] Pruning up the CVS tree for real)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:46:03 GMT
On 27/2/03 10:28 am, "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:

> So can we then simply start a proposal on how to name the repositories?

+1! There we go (from yesterday)

- Rename the "xml-cocoon" repository to "cocoon-1"
    (you can see the effect of this as now both repositories are accessible
    with the old and new names: they are an alias one of another)

- Rename the "xml-cocoon2" repository to "cocoon-2-historic"
    (you can see the effect of this as now both repositories are accessible
    with the old and new names: they are an alias one of another)

- Create a new repository called "cocoon-2.0" and copy over the cocoon-2_0_5
  branch of "xml-cocoon2" (clean checkout, and re-import)
    (this has been created as a part of this proposal, and it contains what
    it should. All files are down at version 1.1 in this repository)

- Create a new repository called "cocoon-2.1" and copy over head from the
  main "xml-cocoon2" repository (clean checkout, and re-import)
    (this has been created as a part of this proposal, and it contains what
    it should. All files are down at version 1.1 in this repository)

I would like to make my point by simply showing how checking out or doing an
update on new copies of the repository is _much_  faster than the old
ones... We don't have branches and we don't have empty dirs to process in
those...

    Pier